Every doctoral thesis must be deposited into Archive ouverte UNIGE as specified in the Insitutional Policy which rules the deposit and the dissemination of the scientific publications of the University.
Submit your Thesis
After acceptance and once all the requested corrections are done, the secretariat of the faculty gives the new doctor an imprimatur. The next steps are:
- deposit your electronic thesis into Archive ouverte. (An abstract of 150 words must be entered in the web form during the deposit process.)
- give two print copies of the thesis
- give a copy of the imprimatur
- give the "mode de publication" (only for the Science Faculty)
- optionaly give a copy of the supervision report (useful if this document contains a mention)
- sign the "contrat de diffusion" for the electronic thesis.
Address of the Division de l'information scientifique (DIS)
Secrétariat de la DIS (bureau 310)
Rue du Général-Dufour 24 – 1211 Genève 4
Tél.: 022 379 71 14 or 022 379 72 95
Open from Monday to Friday 9h - 11h30 and 14h30 - 16h30
For more information, please read our Frequently asked Questions (in French). You can also send us an email : firstname.lastname@example.org. A dedicated flyer as been produced and is distributed by the secretariats.
Obtain your Diploma
Once all these steps done, the Diplome Office will send your Diplome by registered mail.
Frequently asked Questions
Our Frequently asked Questions page (in French) covers different matters as "Electronic submission", "Copyright", "File preparation" and other technical points.
The two following sites are full of tips and tutorials on how to write and prepare a doctoral thesis: